Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fan mail from a player

As you may remember, card #31 belonged to former Mariner Tom House. I knew that Tom had his own website, so I sent him a quick e-mail letting know he was featured on the blog. I didn't think I would hear anything, but low and behold look at the response I got below directly from Tom himself. He gets high marks in my book for answering some little guy with a blog!!

 Larry.....thanks for the email & heads up on your 1979 blog. Great job, it's nice to be remembered! Obviously, Mariner fans from those days are a rarity. Best of luck, from one of your fans, Tom House

Sent from my iPhone
T House

On Feb 24, 2012, at 6:58 AM, "Larry Littman" <nosaint44atyahoodotcom> wrote:

Dear Mr. House,

I am a big Mariners fan and currently write two different blogs. My first is dedicated to the Mariners in particular. The second is solely about the 1979 Topps baseball card set. Today I did a post about your 1979 card as a Mariner. If you would like to see it, here is the link: 
http://1979topps.blogspot.com/2012/02/31-tom-house-mariners.html

 I just wanted to share it with you if you are interested. Thanks again from a Mariners fan for you time in Seattle.

Larry

1 comment:

deal said...

great story - I loved one of his traded cards when I was a kid. the guy had major league perm or curls back then.